October 8 - 10
AMP Contributor Summit 2019
New York City, USA
Tìm hiểu thêm về:
The AMP Contributor Summit is our annual opportunity for the AMP open source community to meet face-to-face to discuss the latest in AMP and where AMP is going. This technical summit consists of a mix of different formats, including talks, breakout sessions and many opportunities for informal conversations.
- 8:00aRegistration & breakfastLocation: 111 8th Avenue, New York, NY. Enter the 8th Avenue lobby and look for people with AMP Contributor Summit badges at the Events desk near the Chase.
- 9:00Welcome & ice breakerWe'll kick off the Hackathon / New Contributor Workshop with an opportunity to meet the other attendees.
- 9:30Hackathon / new contributor keynoteNote that all talks are optional; experienced contributors should feel free to code in the main room or our separate quiet room.
- 10:00AMP design principles
- 10:15Basic end-to-end contribution to AMP Project/GitHub
- 10:30Coffee break
- 10:45Contributing the new version of the amp-sidebar component
- 11:15Find your team
- 11:30Code jam / hackathon
- 1:00Hackathon / guided contributionsMake your first (or just most recent) contribution to AMP. For new contributors we'll have people on hand to help guide you. We'll have a few lightning talks at the top of each hour on writing performant and accessible code and on getting through a design review.
- 4:30Wrap up and demos
- 6:00Hackathon / new contributor dinnerLocation TBA
- 8:00aRegistration & breakfastLocation: 85 10th Avenue, New York, NY. Enter the 10th Avenue lobby and look for people with AMP Contributor Summit badges at the registration desk.
- 9:00Welcome & keynote
- 10:15BreakoutsTopics include the future of amp-script, Chrome metrics for measuring AMP, and AMP First and the AMP Optimizer.
- 11:30AMP: A user driven component roadmap
- 12:00pBento AMP update
- 1:30AMP as a framework
- 2:00Contributing to amp.dev: What, when, and how!
- 2:45BreakoutsTopics include making AMP as a framework, getting started contributing content, AMP ads, and AMP (and AMP Stories) in WordPress, the WordPress Way.
- 4:00AMP devtools: The 2019 new hotness
- 4:30The magic behind how AMP validates and transforms its source code
- 6:00PartyLocation TBA. Light food and drinks will be provided.
- 8:00aBreakfastLocation: 111 8th Avenue, New York, NY. Enter the 8th Avenue lobby and look for people with AMP Contributor Summit badges at the Events desk near the Chase.
- 9:00Sustaining an ever-growing AMP component library
- 9:30How amp-story works with, and in spite of, AMP
- 10:15BreakoutsTopics include managing a super-sized GitHub repository, tooling for AMP Stories, Next.js and contributing to AMP Start 2.0 and increasing community engagement.
- 11:30Governance update
- 12:00pAMP Technical Steering Committee (TSC) panel
- 1:30Signed exchanges: Bring your own URL
- 2:00Life of an AMP email: From code to your email client's inbox
- 4:00Breakouts recap
- 4:30Summit wrap upLight snacks and drinks will be provided.
To Be Announced
AMP Contributor Summit
The summit will be held at Google NYC. The summit will be in different buildings depending on the day--make sure you go to the right building and lobby!
Please bring a photo ID to comply with building security policies. Please note that the summit is only open to registered attendees.
- Tuesday @ 111 8th Avenue, New York, NY. Enter the main 8th Avenue lobby (near the Chase) and head to the Events section near the back. Look for people with AMP Contributor Summit badges.
- Wednesday @ 85 10th Avenue, New York, NY. Enter the 10th Avenue lobby and use the elevator to go to the 3rd floor. When you exit the elevator on the 3rd floor you will be near the summit location; look for people with AMP Contributor Summit badges.
- Thursday @ 111 8th Avenue, New York, NY. Enter the main 8th Avenue lobby (near the Chase) and head to the Events section near the back. Look for people with AMP Contributor Summit badges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register to attend?
Due to the limited amount of space, we use an application process for attendees. The application period for this summit has now closed.
Where is the summit being held?
The summit will be held at the Google NYC office, but will be in different buildings depending on the day. See the Location section for details.
What hotel should I stay at?
We do not have a block of hotel rooms for summit attendees, so you are free to stay at your preferred hotel. Many attendees are staying at the Dream Downtown and The Maritime as they are right across the street from the summit location.
Will food be provided?
Yes! We'll provide breakfast and lunch every day during the summit. We'll also have events at the end of each day with dinner or snacks/drinks; see the agenda for details.
Does it cost anything?
No - tickets are free of charge.
Who is the event for?
Anyone contributing to AMP today, or who wants to contribute to AMP, whether it be through code, outreach or other forms of contributions.
I'm excited about using AMP or I have questions about using AMP, is this the right conference for me?
This summit is a technical summit for people who are contributing to the AMP open source project in some way (whether through code, documentation or some other way) or who want to start contributing. Our contributors often start as users of AMP because they see something that they want to make better, and if this describes you then you might consider applying to attend. If you're looking for more information about how to use AMP but aren't yet considering contributing to AMP you may prefer to attend one of our Roadshows instead.
Does applying mean I am all set to attend?
Unfortunately, we have a limited number of spaces available for the summit, so not everyone who applies will be able to attend.
When will I hear back if I have a spot?
We have let everyone who applied know whether their application was accepted. If you have questions please reach out to ampcs2019-support at amp.dev.